The third webinar within this series will focus on Prescriptions for a Healthy and Green Recovery from COVID-19 and will take place at 14:00-15:30 (CET) on July 2nd, 2020.
WHO has launched a new manifesto for a healthy recovery from COVID-19 emphasizing that the world cannot afford repeated disasters on the scale of COVID-19, whether they are triggered by the next pandemic, or from mounting environmental damage and climate change. Aligning with the ethos of build back better within the global health community, the manifesto states that going back to “normal” is not good enough. Building back better will require taking a look at the current policies and interventions that affect levels of air pollution and how we can move forward to develop healthier cities and healthier populations, ultimately reducing the burden on NCDs and mental health conditions.
• María Neira, Director of Public Health and the Environment, World Health Organization,
• Elliot Treharne, Air Quality Manager, Greater London Authority,
• Arnfinn Helleve, Head of Research, Centre for Evaluation of Public Health Measures, Norwegian Institute of Public Health
• Margrete Bjørge Katanasho, CO-CREATE Project Manager, PRESS.
• Wenjia Cai, Associate Professor in global change economics, Tsinghua University and Principal Investigator in the Lancet Countdown Regional Centre for Asia.